It is one of the greatest distinctions in the investment management profession. As a CFA charter holder, one can acquire the skills and knowledge to thrive in the competitive industry. The CFA (CHARTERED FINANCIAL ANALYST) Course is designed to equip one with the expertise and the relevant skills required as an investment analyst that will help one shape one’s career.
BENEFITS CFA PROGRAM
The CFA Program benefits one with the development of real- world portfolio skills and also provides with a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis. The inputs that are ongoing from the industry experts usually ensures that the curriculum remains relevant and prepares the chart holders to enter the market. It is a globally recognized credential as a profession in the investment industry.
As a successful Investment Charter, it provides assurance to the employers about the knowledge gathered and about the commitment that is acquired to meet the needs required to thrive in the complex and already evolving investment industry in today’s world. The CFA acts as a brand symbol and this designation is a mark of distinction, and thus it automatically represents a comparatively higher standard than the rest.
There is a wide range of investment decision making roles available for the CFA Charter holders which ideally includes the posts of an investment manager or portfolio manager. The career opportunities available for the Investment Charter Holders are in the departments of asset and wealth management, commercial banking, consulting, investment banking, and many more available in the wide range of career paths available in and outside the industry as well.
CFA COURSE DETAILS
This program is split into three levels:
- LEVEL 1 –
- High regard to ethics
- Introduction to asset classes; equity, fixed income, alternatives, etc.
- Detailed learning of tools like Financial Reporting and analysis, economics, etc.
- LEVEL 2 –
- Includes detailed learning of tools and Financial statement analysis
- Detailed learning about valuation of assets like equity, fixed income, derivatives, etc.
- LEVEL 3 –
- Includes perspective change into portfolio management of the assets available.
- A weightage of more than 50% is given to Portfolio management and Wealth Planning
- Candidates must have a passport.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree.
- They can also have a college and work experience that totals at least to four years.
- Candidates can be a final year student of a Bachelor’s degree program or any degree program.
- They can also have a prior work experience.
- Candidates may have a qualification of four years.
THE CFA CURRICULUM INCLUDES
- Quantitative Methods
- Equity Investments
- Corporate Finance
- Fixed Income
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Ethical and Professional Standards
- Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments
For the first level, the candidate has to pay a one- time enrollment fees of USD 450 along with the registration fees. All fees must be paid in US Dollars, Early registration fees is USD 400 while the standard registration fees is USD 1000. The entire fees including the registration and exam fees is around INR 182,000.
RESOURCES AVAILABLE IN CFA COURSE BY THE INSTITUTES
Earning a CFA Charter requires a definite amount of commitment and excellence. The CFA Institute provides a well developed and comprehensive working environment which is made available to all the registered candidates which includes an official program curriculum, different study sessions required for each level, strict study plans, and many more. Since the CFA Institute commits to promoting the best and highest standards of professional excellence, scholarships are made available, helping the CFA Program more accessible and available for the candidates who want to pursue their careers as a certified Investment Charter Holder.
The CFA Program candidates can also benefit from extra exam preparation courses and materials in addition to the support provided by the CFA Institute, if only they meet the standard CFA Standards.